sky machines: animal fact of the week - I am getting an amazing deal on honey

October 17, 2009

animal fact of the week - I am getting an amazing deal on honey

Today's animal fact is that a bee travels 55,000 miles to make a pound of honey. This is an outrageous distance.

The average bee flies 7.6 miles per hour, so it takes 7,237 hours to make a pound of honey. If I wanted to, I could hire 20 pretty strong bees working 80 hours a week to make me a pound a month. And I guess to start out I would pay them minimum wage with a 15% tip.

A jar of honey would set me back $52,467, which is more than 50,000 times what it costs me now. I would put the honey in chamomile tea and it would be delicious.



80 hours a week would be rough but I think bees really love working.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to add a captcha because one of my posts has the word "Google" in it and it was attracting spam robots like some sort of honey-covered robot magnet.