sky machines: animal fact of the week - I want an aardwolf

October 19, 2009

animal fact of the week - I want an aardwolf

Good news: aardwolves are like hyenas, but cuter and less dangerous.



They only eat bugs (kind of like aardvarks) and I'm pretty sure they like being petted. As soon as it's legal I'm going to get one for my apartment. I can't wait to take it on walks.

On a related note, today is the first time I don't wish I lived in the 15th century. Hyenas were running rampant in the middle ages. At night they frequently turned into werehyenas, drinking the blood of dying soldiers and feasting upon knights and damsels in their sleep. Check out this artist's depiction. Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to add a captcha because one of my posts has the word "Google" in it and it was attracting spam robots like some sort of honey-covered robot magnet.