sky machines: wearing my fiber content on my sleeve

August 29, 2010

wearing my fiber content on my sleeve

This is what I wore today.

And yes, this is also my application photo for America's Next Top Model, thanks for asking. I'm bringing the "Awkward Lean and Smirk" to the masses.
I was feeling pretty awesome until halfway through the day I noticed this:

As personal wardrobe malfunctions go, this certainly doesn't top the time in kindergarten I pulled off my sweater on the playground and my shirt came off with it. That event boldly up-seated the day I tucked my dress into my underwear when I was four. But both incidents were put to shame when in third grade I wore a boat-neck sweater, and while I was playing tag with a boy I liked the neck of the sweater somehow became wider than my shoulders. Hopefully nothing ever tops that. Fashion is really hard.

3 comments:

  1. You are amazing. Also, I remember being in 7th grade and taking off my sweatshirt in science class only to have the girl behind me point out that my shirt was inside out. I was so mortified, I think I ran straight to the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you always make me laugh! i've definitely done a few things like that before...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Until you have worn a hand-made, balloon pant jumpsuit with huge, appliqued apples on the pockets-- and then worn said outfit backwards at a high school basketball game, so that everyone's giving your bobbing apples in back a look-a-roo, I doubt you have felt the shame that I have known.

    Brooke, I need your address. I wrote you a thank-you card, but I don't know where to send it to. Write me at naarah.boyer@gmail.com with either your top secret apartment number, or your snazzy France locale. You pick.

    And I can't believe you didn't think of donating that debonair cat number to the library first.

    ReplyDelete

I had to add a captcha because one of my posts has the word "Google" in it and it was attracting spam robots like some sort of honey-covered robot magnet.