sky machines: elf yo-self

December 16, 2010

elf yo-self

Did you dress up as an elf for a French Christmas party this year? Because I did. Actually in France Santa doesn't have elves, he has lutins - which translates to a cross between a pixie and brownie. Don't even get me started on the subtle differences between the thousands of French magical creatures.

A local Santa going to a holiday party needed an extra lutin, and apparently really skinny people with super pale skin and a round faces make convincing lutins? It was hyper-rad. All the kids gave me kisses and all the adults wanted their picture with me.



Afterwards a little boy said he saw my earrings and thought "Wait a second, lutins don't wear earrings..." and when he looked closer he realized my ears were fake, and then he realized Santa wasn't real. Well, guess who isn't getting any presents next year. And, since he's French, he'll be beaten by some crazy old man instead.

Lutins don't wear earrings; I can't believe the nonsense I put up with.

3 comments:

  1. Cutest lutin that I ever did see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How the crap did you get your ears to look like that? Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Lutins wear earrings! And I hope you have Le Pare Fouttard on speed dial... somebody needs to tell him about that kid quick!

    ReplyDelete

I had to add a captcha because one of my posts has the word "Google" in it and it was attracting spam robots like some sort of honey-covered robot magnet.