sky machines: they really do say that

December 7, 2010

they really do say that

In case I've shattered too many of your dreams about France, I thought I would reassure you that some of them are real.

When I was waiting in the doctors office the other day, there were twenty of us in a tiny room with one window and twelve chairs. Not a good thing to see when you show up at the doctor. And every disheartened patient who came in after me said the same thing: "Oh la la...."

This morning I was watching the Home Shopping Network (favorite show in any country) and someone was demonstrating how easily you could paint zig-zags with some sort of complicated spray-paint machine (I'll give you a better description of it when it arrives here next week). And every curve in the zig-zag was accompanied by "et voila, voila, voila, voila voila, voila."

3 comments:

  1. They also do the aspirated 'Ouais...', the kind of 'Ouais' you use to concur while showing you also don't give a fuck. "Ouai-ouai-ouai-ouais, I agree, but I will say so while inhaling deeply, eet is more efficient."

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes my face hurts after reading your blog and then i realize it's because i've been smiling so hard. feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. This reminded me of that awesome video you found once upon a time! Ooh-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la!!!

    ReplyDelete

I had to add a captcha because one of my posts has the word "Google" in it and it was attracting spam robots like some sort of honey-covered robot magnet.