sky machines: good morning USA

March 2, 2011

good morning USA

On a completely different note than my last post, I never was really obsessed with being an American until I moved to France. I could write enough about this subject to fill a freezer full of ice cream, but since that space could be better spent let me just show you a picture and a thirty-second song.

cheese at the supermarket in Vienna:


I have never watched this show past the opening credits, and wasn't even a huge fan of the opening credits before September. But lately it is my FAVORITE song.



And for anyone who has never walked around France humming it to themselves let me tell you, it just feels right. Especially the part "he's hailing a salute to the American race." Try it sometime.

1 comment:

  1. Would it feel the same if I did it on the streets of DC? Maybe if I even sang it out loud?

    ReplyDelete

I had to add a captcha because one of my posts has the word "Google" in it and it was attracting spam robots like some sort of honey-covered robot magnet.