sky machines: OUISTITI!

March 10, 2011

OUISTITI!

My kindergarteners have memories so short they often forget what they were saying midsentence. This is ok if their sentence is about an unrelated trip to a pet store over the weekend. But it's terrible as far as English vocabulary goes.

We've sung "Head shoulders knees and toes so many times that my legs are in better shape than an Olympic athlete's, but every time I point to my head they yell LA TÊTE!

We've sung more songs about the color red than my sanity can handle, but every time I point to something red they yell ROUGE!

The only redeeming thing about their short memories, in fact, the thing that makes it all worth it, is when I hold up a monkey flashcard and they yell OUISTITI!

Goodness I love that word.

1 comment:

  1. "My kindergarteners have memories so short they often forget what they were saying midsentence".....HUGE lol for that one!


    http://thetravelingprettybird.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I had to add a captcha because one of my posts has the word "Google" in it and it was attracting spam robots like some sort of honey-covered robot magnet.