sky machines: I've got a cobalt-blue beach cruiser and a bright future in sales

August 4, 2011

I've got a cobalt-blue beach cruiser and a bright future in sales

This was going to be a post about my super-hipster practically-useless one-speed beach cruiser a got for biking to work.

But instead it's going to be a rant about why no one wears a freaking helmet anymore. Have you forgotten everything you learned in bike safety class in second grade? Or did no one else have to take that class?

There are few things worse than leaving the apartment with clean clothes, a freshly-packed lunch, and a neat-o super-duper safe AND stylish helmet, only to pass thirty people who are biking around with hair blowing in the breeze. I don't know who these thick-skulled and soon-to-be-skull-less losers think they are, but they're sharing the road with giant pieces of steel that are going 50 mph, and the closest thing to protection I've seen anyone wearing are Dodgers baseball caps. Twins hats, of course, protect the wearer from any sort of bodily harm that may arise. I'm not aware that Dodgers caps have the same effect.

End of rant. Wear your helmet, you'll double the number of people in the world that are currently doing it.

2 comments:

  1. I need to be better about that! Thank you for the rant--it's so true! :) And I hope you love your beautiful blue bike!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AGREE! Totally skull-less and brain-free if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete

I had to add a captcha because one of my posts has the word "Google" in it and it was attracting spam robots like some sort of honey-covered robot magnet.