sky machines: This t-shirt scares my arms.

September 12, 2013

This t-shirt scares my arms.

The best thing about being back in Marseille, besides the sea and the roofs (doesn't it seem like it should be rooves?), and the Deluxe Potatoes at McDonalds, is my immediate transformation back into Brughk, that awkward smiling girl who keeps saying things like "This song smells like a song I know" and "Is your family a boat?" What normal and stimulating conversation! Who wouldn't want to hang out with her for hours as she slowly and painfully explains jokes she's thought of that make no sense and complicated stories filled with nouns she can't remember?

People in Marseille are super patient but I've still resorted to mostly talking about feelings - because they only require the present tense and it just makes everything a lot easier. Especially feelings that involve fear, because it's easy to pronounce, or pretty things, because the word "pretty" is the same for both masculine and feminine words. My obvious go-to conversation is spiders, which are both pretty and scary. Marseille has heard a lot about spiders the last few days. And it smells like there are a few more spider feelings still to come.

I have a photo of a dolphin castle but it's not loading so take a minute to imagine it. The dolphins are pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to add a captcha because one of my posts has the word "Google" in it and it was attracting spam robots like some sort of honey-covered robot magnet.