sky machines: I promise this isn't a salad

August 21, 2010

I promise this isn't a salad

There are a lot of French idioms that are so logical, like "having a cat in your throat" (getting a cough or a weird voice), and there are ones that are awesome, like "telling someone a salad" (telling lies).

And then there are idioms that aren't logical or awesome.

Some girls living in Marseille just emailed me and said that we should be roommates. "You would be perfect in the sein of our apartment!" they said. And I thought "Sein must not mean what I thought it meant." But it does. And I guess it's a nice way of telling someone they will fit right in.

Eighteen days until I leave! I hope my visa gets here soon.

2 comments:

  1. Your blog makes my day. Seriously! I hope you're getting excited to be Frenchified soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make my day. You guys should come and visit...

    ReplyDelete

I had to add a captcha because one of my posts has the word "Google" in it and it was attracting spam robots like some sort of honey-covered robot magnet.