sky machines: Animal Fact of the Week: new idea for a super-power

September 6, 2010

Animal Fact of the Week: new idea for a super-power

Hopefully in a couple years this will be a reality.

Grasshoppers can jump a distance of 20 inches, 27 times their length. If I had that power I could jump 150 feet. Outrageous. On this map I would be able to jump from my apartment in the top right, to the red car in the bottom left. That would really be overshooting my bike in the center of the map, but if I could jump that well I might jump to campus instead of bike.



If you're getting as excited as I am about the prospect of jumping to campus, sit down before I tell you this next part : I would also have a vertical leap of 37 feet. With some practice, I could probably hop up to the balcony of my third-story apartment, instead of taking the stairs.

I'd have to see. I don't know if I would be naturally good at jumping without seriously injuring myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to add a captcha because one of my posts has the word "Google" in it and it was attracting spam robots like some sort of honey-covered robot magnet.