sky machines: schools are closed and pools are open

September 6, 2010

schools are closed and pools are open

Not much to say except CHECK OUT THIS SWEET JACKET I got at the military surplus store today.



I'm probably the coolest person you know now.

If you want me and my jacket to come to any events you're throwing, just to class things up a bit - I'm there. I can hold a guitar or play the tambourine. I can make interesting conversation if your idea of interesting conversation is quizzing people on deep-sea fish and explaining why baseball is the best sport.

If it's cold out I can pretend to smoke a cigarette and my breath will look like smoke. Invisible cigarette combined with the jacket = Wow. Very, very cool.

6 comments:

  1. ADORABLE. You and the jacket are totally invited to come to Rouen. And when you see the Decemberists, invite them too. We can all frolic in the rain and talk about humuhumunukunukuapua'a's (even though that fish might live in the relatively shallow sea rather than the deep sea.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the coolest thing about this post is that you actually pull it off! amazing. teach me your ways ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brooke! Now I am the one stalking you. I like you a lot. In a normal way. You are incredibly funny! I think if we would have met sooner, we would have become good friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. labor day! labor day! schools are closed and pools are open!

    i'm very very happy that that's the title of this post. and you saw the decemberists! even cooler! i've seen them twice, and once was outside at millennium park in chicago, and it started thunderstorming during mariner's revenge. it was completely epic. i'm glad you follow my blog already so this comment isn't as random and slightly creepy as it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Molly- My jacket and I our marking our calendar! I can't believe I had never heard of that fish before.

    Sara- I think you could pull off this jacket a lot better than I can - I've always been jealous of your ways.

    Nicole- I'm glad the stalking is mutual. I think we should still be friends even though we didn't meet sooner.

    Laura- I'm glad to find another "least-popular song" fan! I'm so jealous you've seen them twice and once with sky choreography - they didn't play Mariner's Revenge which was kind of a bummer but it was still such a sweet show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brooke, this is such a great find. You are lovely. Have a great time in France!!

    ReplyDelete

I had to add a captcha because one of my posts has the word "Google" in it and it was attracting spam robots like some sort of honey-covered robot magnet.