sky machines: I no longer own a cell phone

September 16, 2010

I no longer own a cell phone

Greetings from a 5-hour layover in Atlanta!

This morning I packed my whole life into a checked bag and a carry-on, and when I got to my gate they asked if I wanted to check my carry-on for free as well. Yes.

So now all I have is my laptop, my camera, and a magazine I saw that I had never heard of before, which is really terrifying. Because everything I own is floating somewhere between the Pacific Northwest and the Mediterranean, and because wouldn't you think by now I would have heard of every magazine that existed? This probably doesn't bode well for its quality. Or it could be my favorite magazine ever.

I'm soaking up these 5 hours because it's my first time ever being in the South. I don't know if I'm really getting a feel for it from inside the airport, but it looks normal. No mountains, no lakes, and everyone says it's warm out. They have crazy "recycling trash cans" here. They say "you trash, it sorts, we recycle" which I do not understand but sounds like a load of garbage, literally.  I gave the machine half a smoothie, good luck recycling that.

Thrilling. My next blog post will be about how I got lost and ended up in Bulgaria and was stranded there for 3 months, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to add a captcha because one of my posts has the word "Google" in it and it was attracting spam robots like some sort of honey-covered robot magnet.