sky machines: Cheese Review 4 and 5

October 11, 2010

Cheese Review 4 and 5

Still way ahead of schedule on my goal to try a new type of cheese a week.

4. FROMAGE BLANC
Recommended by Hannah. This is more like yogurt than cheese. But it has the name cheese, and it is delicious.
Rating 8/10



5. KIRI
Recommended by Sonia, who said if I like kids food I'll like Kiri. There are two brands of this cheese: La Vache qui rit, and Kiri, which sounds exactly like "qui rit." Madness. It tastes exactly like cream cheese. I told the people I live with that we have a cheese like this in the US, but you're not allowed to eat it plain, you just put it on a specific type of pastry. They looked at me in a way that says "if you don't have anything interesting to say, don't say anything at all" which is a look I get a lot from French people.
Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to add a captcha because one of my posts has the word "Google" in it and it was attracting spam robots like some sort of honey-covered robot magnet.