sky machines: heureuse

October 6, 2010

heureuse

Things have been so wild lately that I haven't had time to write about how wild everything is.

I am living with the nicest family in the world. They play card games with me, and show me their stamp collection, and tell me about the ten most popular kinds of tomatoes. They don't make fun of how bad I am at making eggs (I cook horribly under pressure). They teach me words like "sweet and sour sauce," "drumline," and "tree bark." I teach them the difference between sunny-side-up eggs and over-easy, even though I can't successfully make either. I really don't bring much to the relationship, which is why I feel so lucky.

They even made this rad dessert for me my first night here:



I have a room with a ceiling so tall that I can stand up straight on top of my loft bed and get serious vertigo. And we live in the middle of downtown and there is always a ton of exciting stuff going on outside.

My definition of exciting doesn't involve parades or anything, just tons of people buying baguettes and walking around with boom boxes and chasing after their dogs.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you posted something! I was starting to worry! I'm going to chat with you soon! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand the dessert, it looks like divinity candy with chocolate squares on top of a pile of Chinese noodles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's closer than my guess was. It was a chestnut paste the consistency of play-doh, grated over ice cream and topped with meringues and chocolate.

    Thanks for introducing me to divinity candy, I can't believe I had never heard of that.

    ReplyDelete

I had to add a captcha because one of my posts has the word "Google" in it and it was attracting spam robots like some sort of honey-covered robot magnet.