sky machines: vacation's over

November 4, 2010

vacation's over

It doesn't matter how great your day is going, walking into a class of 8-year-olds and hearing them all gasp "OH MY GOODNESS, she's beautiful!" in breathless awe is going to make it better.

Speaking of people being easily impressed, I passed out stickers to kids in my classes today. I have been obsessively collecting all summer, buying packs for five stickers per cent. I knew the kids would be ridiculously excited, but I didn't realize the teachers would be so impressed. "The children can take these stickers home? Should they return them next week? You mean they can KEEP THEM?!?"

Hands on your desks guys. We're not going to continue until everyone has calmed down.

4 comments:

  1. I brought stickers with me too, but seriously not enough! And I have TONS at home so I am kicking myself. I seriously forgot to take into account that I am teaching 12 different classes each week.. meaning that handing out stickers even once uses up almost 300! So I haven't actually given any out yet... but I'm looking forward to seeing the reactions I get after reading this ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi

    I found your blog and i would like like to let you know that we got a shop in Marseille, in the 11 arrondissement. We sell all types of americain products. Please look at our website.
    www.thelittlecandyshop.com.
    or our blog
    thelittlecandyshop.blogspot.com
    Our shop phone number: 04 91 89 53 67

    Take care

    Bye

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you Brooke--for the stickers and for being so beautiful! Glad it was a good day! Love, Anette

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahahahahahahhahah I just found your blog and read your 'about me'... the part about nickels! It's good to know that there are still original people out there! looking forward to catching up!

    ReplyDelete

I had to add a captcha because one of my posts has the word "Google" in it and it was attracting spam robots like some sort of honey-covered robot magnet.