sky machines: nearsighted spinx are my favorite animal

January 27, 2011

nearsighted spinx are my favorite animal

This week I invested in some sticky tack and made my kitchen wall into a makeshift art gallery of all the drawings my students have given me. The exhibit grew pretty quickly. In fact it will either have to be more critically curated or I'm going to have to build an addition by next week. Mostly because of a couple classes where I walk in and the kids all rummage through their desks for anything they could give to me.



Here's one of my favorite pieces from my collection: "I'm thankful for..." by Cooper. For now he's an adorable seven-year-old that often wears a corduroy blazer and Converses to class, but some day he's going to be the art director for a heavy metal band. I like to assume the pictures are things he's thankful for, and the crossed out pictures are things he ISN'T thankful for.



Which would make a translation read something like this.

I'm thankful for my family.
I'm NOT thankful for Yoda.
I'm thankful for my house.
I'm thankful for people who run around flipping people off. Especially that girl with a thousand teeth.
I'm NOT thankful for that girl with the beak.
I'm thankful for sphinx wearing glasses, horse/dog crossbreeds, and two-legged cats.
I'm NOT thankful for two-legged cats with one ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to add a captcha because one of my posts has the word "Google" in it and it was attracting spam robots like some sort of honey-covered robot magnet.