sky machines: best friends

April 19, 2011

best friends

Because I never want to forget my year in France, I take about a dozen photos of dogs on the street every day. Six-foot dogs, ferel dogs, dogs in sweaters, three-legged dogs, and this weekend, dog news - our local sidewalk artist got a new dog. And it's a dachshund!  

Dachshunds and Shih Tzus are the two breeds I'm using in my newest study to prove that cuteness and and ease of spelling are inversely related in small dog breeds. 


Enough dog math. All day Sunday the artist was lying on the sidewalk, drawing, and the dog curled up next to him the way my dog curls up next to me on the couch.


Now that it's almost done he spends most of his time running circles around it, glancing up at the crowds and then his owner going "They like it! I think they really like it!"





This just strengthens my belief that no matter who you are or what you do, a dog is going to make it better.

People who still need dogs: The old woman who dresses all in pink and sings 50's French love songs by the port. Her dog would sit a few feet away and stare at her like "My GOODNESS you sing like an angel."

Street performer who dresses like Mozart. His dog would also be dressed like Mozart.

I'm out of ideas. Most people here have dogs already.

1 comment:

  1. I just laughed so hard reading about the woman and her admiring dog. I smile at her often in passing. Their love and her microphone just make me happy to take a deep breath and smile about this wonderfully strange place we live.

    ReplyDelete

I had to add a captcha because one of my posts has the word "Google" in it and it was attracting spam robots like some sort of honey-covered robot magnet.