sky machines: I'm not saying she's a gold-digger...

April 11, 2011

I'm not saying she's a gold-digger...

I'll be the first to admit it, I listen to pretty wimpy music. My favorite artists are all under a hundred pounds, have sweet beards, like medieval history, and would probably be caught dancing with a beaver before running a half marathon. And since I'm doing the second one, it's becoming kind of unsupportable (can't remember English equivalent of this word) to listen to while I'm running.

It's the most embarrassing thing ever but I LOVE running to rap music. And pop music.

Let's take a short break to think about how awesome a music video with dancing beavers would be. I can't stop thinking about that idea now.

And we're back. My iPod has been filling up with some unusual stuff lately. It's half the nerdy things one would expect me to listen to, and half Eminem, Lil Jon, and Lady Gaga. Which brings me to my question.

Usually I'm too "in the zone" or something to stop and notice just how terrible these lyrics are. But I caught this one at a stoplight:

It's not that I don't like you, I'm just at a party. And I am sick and tired of my phone ringing.

Are there listeners out there that say to themselves "That's what I've always wanted to say, I could just never find the words."?



And my next question for these listeners, can you give me some more music recommendations?

3 comments:

  1. now that you've mentioned it, I can't think of the english word for "insupportable" either. I probably could have before you said it. lol. My own music tastes range from those guys who would dance with the beavers to old skool Britney Spears, the Beatles, random bits of techno, and lots of quasi-emo pop-punk. I'd recommend anything Britney for running, Cee-lo, Ke$ha, ... I'm not much into rap so I'm not helpful there, but pop I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unbearable... :)

    There's some good, smart rap out there-- Blue Scholars, Atmosphere, Brother Ali, CunninLynguists, MC Solaar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i did the paris half and my playlist was 50% ke$ha....its the only reason i finished. for a terrible compilation of it all, i highly recommend united state of pop 2009...and for rap, the ultimate: Suprême NTM, "seine saint-denis style"....

    ReplyDelete

I had to add a captcha because one of my posts has the word "Google" in it and it was attracting spam robots like some sort of honey-covered robot magnet.