sky machines: also I can't stop using my library voice

June 17, 2011

also I can't stop using my library voice

I've been devouring books lately.

I use devouring almost-literally because my style of reading is disgustingly similar to my style of eating this 12-ounce box of Junior Mints I bought tonight. It's just shy of a pound but it's just as well it isn't because the size of the box, and the contents of it if we're going to be perfectly honest, are irrelevant. I will eat through the entire package, and when my fingers touch cardboard I will say, with a mouth full of rotten teeth, "Where am I? What time is it? What's going on?" and I will rate it two stars on goodreads, and pick up the next book in the stack.



If anyone has any delicious book recommendations I am all ears. My two favorite genres are murder and humor, and if you know a book that has both I will read it over and over until the day my chocolate-clogged lungs take their last breath.

3 comments:

  1. Brooke, your blog is the finest in the world. Sometimes Athena and I read it just for fun. Sometimes Athena is at work and I read it because I'm tired of reading the news. And it's funny. And human. I'm not a regular reader, no, my y chromosome prohibits me from a regular subscription. But I like it that way. I like to show up and read buffet style... once every now and then I come to binge and laugh. And then I feel like I ate a whole cow, but I still go back for dessert. In short, thanks for writing. Thanks for sharing your perspective on the world. I thoroughly enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Thursday Next series is a favorite of mine!
    really, anything by Jasper Fforde.
    voila! http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/27003.The_Eyre_Affair

    ReplyDelete

I had to add a captcha because one of my posts has the word "Google" in it and it was attracting spam robots like some sort of honey-covered robot magnet.