sky machines: we collided

August 31, 2011

we collided

If you have spare room in your brain or heart or schedule, I suggest you start reading Craigslist missed connections.

Some things I've learned:
ONE. If you're a gay guy looking for love, go to the gym! That seems to be THE hotspot for m4m missed connections. This is a world I know next to nothing about, being not a guy, not gay, and most of all never going to the gym. But hopefully that advice can help someone.

TWO. If men aren't your style but you love tunes AND the legal system, there are some fiiiiine ladies at the Inglewood courthouse!


Lol but seriously,
THREE. I love looking at these missed connection illustrations.



FOUR TO A THOUSAND. The overwhelming feeling I get from missed connections, is that it really should be called Missed Social Cues.

The girl in the above illustration made a point of mentioning she had a boyfriend? Girls: if that is how you flirt it's a bad strategy. Guys: that is not how people flirt. Most posts read something like "You're a cashier at Whole Foods and I know you were into me because you asked if I wanted a bag. You have great legs. I didn't get a chance to get your number." Yeah she sounds SUPER into you.

Am I jaded? If I had to describe myself right now I would say tired, jaded, and hungry for salted caramels. One of those can be fixed by looking at some more missed connections art.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to add a captcha because one of my posts has the word "Google" in it and it was attracting spam robots like some sort of honey-covered robot magnet.