sky machines: I see you

March 22, 2012

I see you

I'm typing this in the smallest font possible and can still read it with my arms stretched out and no squinting. That's because today, two years after I stopped being able to read street signs, I got new glasses. 

My severe prescription gives me that myopic tiny-eye look that is all the rage right now. I take the sexy out of "sexy librarian." I also take the librarian out. I'm not rocking much right now.



I can only assume the noticeable hearing loss is because before today my bad vision forced me to rely on vibration, hearing, and smell to navigate. Either that or it's because I'm easily distracted and  can't stop staring at the texture of my cereal, the fibers in my shirt, that scar under your left eye, there are so many things to see, THE WORLD IS GREAT TODAY.

1 comment:

  1. Brooke, I am so glad to have found your blog! Hilarious. I think I need a little more of you in my life these days, so I'm gonna keep on reading.

    ReplyDelete

I had to add a captcha because one of my posts has the word "Google" in it and it was attracting spam robots like some sort of honey-covered robot magnet.