sky machines: Outer space tights and the not worst idea I've ever had

August 9, 2013

Outer space tights and the not worst idea I've ever had

I signed up for another race a few weeks ago - the cheapest race I could find when I woke up in the middle of the night and started signing up for races and buying space-printed tights online.



I didn't get incredibly excited about the race until yesterday, when I got an email that detailed a ton of important information I skipped over, and a short reminder about weight categories. Weight categories?!

Every weight category is named after a different type of horse (obviously) and while my weight has zero benefits, the class just fifteen pounds above me gets a discounted race fee and a ton of free things. Possibly a free horse. I skipped over most of the email.

Challenge accepted, horse race. The race isn't for another week and fifteen pounds is nothing - that's like an especially large sandwich or two newborn babies.

In high school all my friends started a two-day steak-and-excessive-amounts-of-water diet to meet the minimum weight to participate in the blood drive and everyone swore it had absolutely nothing to do with an attractive and persuasive health teacher who smoked cigarettes through a Kleenex to show us how much tar was in them. This story ends with everyone dropping like thin vomiting pubescent flies in the halls so I'll skip over the middle parts.

The only possible downside is that if I gain fifteen pounds my new space tights might not fit anymore - I knew I should have bought more pairs. They're going to make me so good at jumping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to add a captcha because one of my posts has the word "Google" in it and it was attracting spam robots like some sort of honey-covered robot magnet.