sky machines: superpowers and super-diseases I'm interested in.

August 7, 2013

superpowers and super-diseases I'm interested in.

If I were in charge of designing heaven there would be a station where you could test out how each of these things feels. There would also be an arena where you could watch ancient Greek athletes compete in an arena versus modern Olympic athletes. Who would win? Aren't you curious? Now back to the superpowers and illnesses station:

Supertaster for one meal
The way food tastes to me depends more on my mood than what I'm eating. So I'm very interested in being a supertaster for one meal, and I would like the meal to have hot chocolate in it.

Face blindness for an hour
Are you a hypochondriac? I worry I might be. I also worry I might have face blindness, especially after I meet a dozen blonde girls or five bald middle-aged men with one-syllable names. I don't have face blindness though, and I am curious what it looks like.

Photographic memory for a week
Like Cam Jansen. Camera phones have made photographic memories obsolete and poor Cam Jansen probably owns thirty cats by now but I'm still mildly interested in this.


Mantis shrimp vision for one second
Mantis shrimp vision! What if you could see color through 16 cones instead of 3? What would seeing a thousand times more colors than we see now even look like? I have no idea and I wish I could see this for even just one second. More than a second would probably drive me insane.


Pigeon sense for a day
I wish I could traverse the earth using magnets. The way pigeons do, not the way people who have swallowed magnets do.

Super jumping for a lifetime, if you use it for good not evil
Humans don't ever have this ability, but I wish I could jump over buildings, the way a grasshopper can.  I would like to be able to use this skill forever, so I could perfect it and not smash through skyscraper windows or hit birds. I would jump to work and I would jump over rivers and I would jump in malls instead of using the escalator. Is this bad on your knees? Not in heaven. Not in the heaven I'm designing.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to add a captcha because one of my posts has the word "Google" in it and it was attracting spam robots like some sort of honey-covered robot magnet.