sky machines: Martha Stewart guest post

November 6, 2010

Martha Stewart guest post

One of my recent obsessions, along with eating macaroons and feral-dog-watching, is making granola. It sounds nerdy, if you have a terrible hearing impediment that makes "delicious" sound like "nerdy." I found a recipe on Serious Eats, and even if you're not planning on ever making granola you should look at those pictures and I think you'll change your mind.

Here I've catered the recipe to people living in an apartment where the kitchen has recently been completely destroyed in a gas fire.

2 glasses of oats
1 glass of nuts/seeds
1 glass of honey and olive oil mixture
Find the toaster oven behind the bookcase and plug it into the outlet in your bedroom. Bake half an hour at 150 degrees Celsius, then mix in dried fruit if you haven't eaten it out of boredom. Today I only ate half the dried fruit out of boredom.


This granola has almonds, pine nuts, sunflower seeds, and the uneaten cranberries.

It's so easy a feral dog can do it. And if the guy at your outdoor market likes Americans, you can get seeds, nuts, and fruit for free. Oats and honey are practically free so, you do the math.

1 comment:

  1. Brooke, sometimes your blog makes my day. Which, on further analysis, means: (1) the days in my 6,000-person French town can tend toward the dull, and (2) you're still pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete

I had to add a captcha because one of my posts has the word "Google" in it and it was attracting spam robots like some sort of honey-covered robot magnet.