sky machines: Minnesota, that sounds made up.

January 20, 2011

Minnesota, that sounds made up.

As someone who has done a lot of easy things I can say with certainty that there is nothing easier than making five-year-olds love you. I teach them to sing London Bridge, I tell them to stop hitting each other, I remind them if we bite we don't get stickers, and then for some reason, when it's time for me to leave, everything I've done warrants "We're going to miss you ssssso muchhhh, you're so beautiful, I drew this picture of you will you come live in my house? I LOVE YOU." And a million kisses.

And they give me Silly Bands.



And probably head lice.

Speaking of tricking people, and unrelated to head lice, so far I've told four of my new flat-mates that I'm American, not French, and all of them think I'm lying to their faces.

It may not be the start of a great friendship, but it's building my self-confidence.

1 comment:

I had to add a captcha because one of my posts has the word "Google" in it and it was attracting spam robots like some sort of honey-covered robot magnet.