sky machines: rules are for breaking

March 26, 2011

rules are for breaking

On my run this morning it was so sunny and warm - pigeons were singing, families were taking their poodles out for picnics, and then a car backed up onto the sidewalk and pinned me to a building.

A woman at a nearby sidewalk café saw the spectacle and screamed like, well she screamed like I should have been screaming. It was like hearing myself die.

My first thought was "It is so nice to finally see someone getting upset about these cars driving all over the sidewalk." And my second thought was "AAAAA MY LEGS."

Here's a photo of the barricades that line 90% of the streets here, to keep cars where they belong:



And here's what happens on the other 10%:



Anyway, I'm fine. Cars like this don't do much damage:

3 comments:

  1. I love that ad!

    Glad to hear the car didn't do any damage :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has been my fear for 6 months. I'm surprised more of us don't get hit by cars, the way everyone drives over here!!

    Glad you're OK, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS I really hope you banged your hand on the hood and yelled something like "I'M WALKIN' HERE!!!" :p

    ReplyDelete

I had to add a captcha because one of my posts has the word "Google" in it and it was attracting spam robots like some sort of honey-covered robot magnet.