sky machines: if Marseille were a state, they would be its state bird.

October 10, 2011

if Marseille were a state, they would be its state bird.

TIME MACHINE POST

It was pouring today, and in a concious effort not to notice the waterlogged newspapers floating over soggy bagettes and liquid dog waste on the ground, I noticed that all of the pigeons had disappeared. Where do they go?

And they're missing out. Because seeing a pigeon in the rain is probably the only time I would feed it.

People fall into three groups: pigeons-lovers, pigeon-dislikers, and pigeon-haters.

Pigeon-lovers might be more gross than pigeons themselves. I don't know what is wrong with these people, but they often buy an entire baguette at lunch just to feed to those disgusting animals. I can only assume they were orphaned and raised by birds, or are retired pilots. Hey you people - I have seen a pigeon eat a plastic drinking straw. You do not need to buy them baguettes.

Pigeon-haters often call them rats with wings. And I think that's going too far. Because if there's one thing Marseille has more of than pigeons, it's rats. Rats go in your house. And when they get run over by cars, their bodies flatten but rigor mortis makes their tails stand straight up.

So there's a vote for pigeons I guess.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you should tell Mike Tyson
    http://animal.discovery.com/videos/taking-on-tyson-for-the-love-of-pigeons.html

    ReplyDelete

I had to add a captcha because one of my posts has the word "Google" in it and it was attracting spam robots like some sort of honey-covered robot magnet.