sky machines: I'm Paige's favorite dinosaur

June 11, 2012

I'm Paige's favorite dinosaur

Waiting for a hairstylist to call your name is like sitting on a plane and wondering which of the boarding passengers is going to be your seatmate, and a lot of other things like that. Sometimes the girls carrying clipboards into the waiting room look at me expectantly when they call a name. Is that girl eating a bag of peas and drawing lightning bolts in a notebook named Madeline? Erin? Sarah? Is eating peas at a hair salon sanitary? Yes, I'm only in the waiting room and I washed my hands. Sometimes they don’t look at me. The name “Nine” was directed specifically at the girl with the shaved head. What is she even getting done?

Brooke is the role I’ve been given and I feel like I’ve been pretty loyal to it. When people hear Brooke I think they expect someone about like me. Except, probably because of Brooke Shields, it’s usually on lists of top sexiest names. I have been known to wear too-short pants occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to add a captcha because one of my posts has the word "Google" in it and it was attracting spam robots like some sort of honey-covered robot magnet.