sky machines: A one-act play about how I make friends

December 3, 2012

A one-act play about how I make friends

Scene: The clock aisle in a Portland Fred Meyer grocery store. BROOKE is walking around trying to remember what she was going to buy (milk) and wondering why there are clocks in a grocery store, a MAN WITH ALLERGIES is dripping all over the clocks.

MAN WITH ALLERGIES sneezes

BROOKE: Bless you!

MAN WITH ALLERGIES: Is this clock $29.99?

BROOKE (continuing to not resemble a Fred Meyer employee in any way): I think so? Yes!

MAN WITH ALLERGIES: I can't believe these clocks are 30% off.

BROOKE: Pretty insane. Now's the time to buy one!

BROOKE waits for MAN WITH ALLERGIES to laugh

MAN WITH ALLERGIES walks away

BROOKE wonders if maybe she came here because she needed soy sauce. (wrong, still milk.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to add a captcha because one of my posts has the word "Google" in it and it was attracting spam robots like some sort of honey-covered robot magnet.